This series of short activities will help you review some of the vocabulary touched on in the Essential Business English (B2) course.
General business vocabulary
These quizzes provide practice for some of the general business vocabulary worked on in the Essential Business English (B2) course.
Choose the correct word (or phrase) to complete each of the sentences.
2. Two sentences with one word missing
Decide which one word completes both sentences.
3. Gap-fill with first letter given
- Complete the sentences.
- The first letter of each missing word is given.
4. Complete the sentences with the given word
- Complete the new version of each sentence.
- Use the word(s) given in brackets plus any additional words that may be needed.
- Do NOT change the words given in brackets in any way.
- Make sure that your new version KEEPS the meaning of the original sentence.
- Here’s an example:
We made this product specially for the customer.
The product ……………….. the customer. (TAILORED)
Answer: …was tailored for…
Here are some tips for learning new vocabulary.
The vocabulary in these quizzes is taken from the Units 1 – 4 of the coursebook Career Express B2 – 2nd Edition (ISBN 978-3-06-521088-1. More details are available here: Cornelsen.
The coursebook has an extensive wordlist included and this together with a good dictionary will be of great help when working on expanding both your general and general business vocabulary: Cambridge Dictionary.
How you work on acquiring new vocabulary depends on your own learning preferences. If you enjoy using your smartphone, then creating vocabulary sets using an app like Quizlet will prove effective. You may prefer, though, to use more traditional methods such as creating word lists and testing yourself. Or you may like using sets of vocabulary cards.
The important thing is that you find a method that works for you and that motivates you to work on your vocabulary regularly, even if it’s only five minutes a day!