Certificate in International Business English Training (CertIBET)
The course is suitable for both experienced teachers of business English who would like to consolidate, validate and extend their skills and expertise, and for general English trainers who hold an initial ELT/TESOL qualification and would like to add business English training to the training they offer.
The 10-week, online course is moderated by Carl Dowse and is designed to meet the needs of business English trainers by
- enhancing their skills and expertise
- increasing their employability prospects in the sector
- improving their ability to deliver a quality product to potential clients.
The CertIBET course covers wide a range of useful techniques, tools and resources for teaching Business English to corporate and higher education learners. Each of the 10 weekly modules focuses on a key area in business English training, including the following:
- Introduction to Business English Teaching
- Needs Analysis, Content & Research
- Course & Syllabus Design
- Course Delivery
- Approaches & Techniques
- Selecting, Adapting & Creating Course Materials
- Coursebooks & Authentic Materials
- Business English & Globalisation
- English as a Lingua Franca
- Providing Effective Feedback
- Evaluation & Assessment
- Business English & New Technologies
Special emphasis is also placed on the use of mobile and web technologies for both classroom and self-study purposes.
Participants can complete the guided weekly activities at their own pace and a high level of interaction between course colleagues is also ensured by the inclusion of four ‘real time’ video conferencing sessions with Carl Dowse, the course moderator.
This course is offered by The Consultant-E and a full description of the course content plus details of fees and how to register are available on their website here: Certificate in International Business English Training.