This icon indicates that an activity is preparation for the next lesson.
Use these pages to learn about the key skill of paraphrasing:
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make (or complete, if you’ve already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 10.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to do the following:
- Go to page 90, Section 9 Work skills: Accommodation strategies.
- Read the definition of accommodation strategies.
- In Activity A, read the different versions of the sentence and match them with the type of person the speaker is trying to communicate with.
- Use the Answer key on page 129 to check your answers.
Use this link – Online exercises – to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 10: Vocabulary practice 3 – 6
- Unit 10: Grammar practice 3 & 6
- Unit 10: Getting it right: 1