- Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to read the Writing clearly and concisely text on page 70. Make a note of the advice given.
- Go to the Features of academic writing page and do the ‘Concision‘ quiz.
- Go to the explanatory notes that follow the quiz to read about more ways of ensuring your writing is concise.
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make a list of new vocabulary from Unit 10.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to do the following:
- Go to page 80, Section 6 Grammar practice.
- Read the text and choose the correct options to express ability, possibility, obligation or advice.
- Use the Answer key on page 129 to check your answers.
Use this link – Online exercises – to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 10: Vocabulary practice 1 – 2
- Unit 10: Grammar practice 1 – 2
- Unit 10: How it works: 1 -2