Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
Go to the Features of academic writing page and do the following:
- Do the 'Formality' quiz and read the explanatory notes that follow it.
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make (or complete, if you've already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 9.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook - Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition - to do the following:
- Go to page 82, Section 8 Study skills: Reading effectively. Read the text and make a note of the key points for our next lesson.
- Go to page 84, Case study: Barclay's digital strategy. Prepare activities A and B for our next lesson.
This icon indicates that an activity is preparation for the next lesson.