Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make (or complete, if you've already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 12.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
To test your knowledge of different countries and learn about developments in the world, do the following:
- Go to this page: The world in figures.
- Do (or re-do) the World figures quiz.
- Scroll down to the '200 countries, 200 years, 4 minutes' section and do the following:
- Read the short introduction.
- Do the 'Before you watch' quiz.
- In the 'While you watch' section, watch (or re-watch) the Hans Rosling video and answer the questions that appear on the screen.
- In the 'After you watch' section, read the 'Language tip' and then do the quiz that follows.
Exam preparation: Reading
To practise for the reading question in the exam, you can do the following:
- Do this practice activity: BEC Vantage Reading Test - Part 3 You can check your answers here: Answer key 1
- Do this practice activity: BEC Higher Reading Test - Part 3 You can check your answers here: Answer key 2
Use this link - Online exercises - to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 12: Vocabulary 4 - 5
- Unit 12: Grammar: 3 - 6