Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make (or complete, if you've already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 11.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
To answer the question "How great an impact does globalization have on your life?" do the following:
- Download this questionnaire: How great an impact does globalization have on your life?
- Bring the questionnaire with you to class for the next lesson.
Use your coursebook - Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition - to do the following:
- Go to page 100, Case study: Skype - the big little company.
- Read the Fact file about the company.
- Prepare Activities A, B and C for the next lesson.
Use this link - Online exercises - to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 11: Vocabulary 1 - 4
- Unit 11: Work skills: International meetings: 1 - 4
Remember to quickly re-do the globalization and reading activities just before the lesson.