Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
Go to the Features of academic writing page and do the following:
- Do the 'Formality' quiz and read the explanatory notes that follow it.
To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make (or complete, if you've already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 9.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook - Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition - to do the following:
- Go to page 82, Section 8 Study skills: Reading effectively. Read the text and make a note of the key points for our next lesson.
- Go to page 84, Case study: Barclay's digital strategy. Prepare activities A and B for our next lesson.
Use this link - Online exercises - to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 9: Vocabulary practice 1 - 3
- Unit 9: Grammar practice 1 - 5
Remember to quickly re-do the reading activities just before the lesson.