Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
One of the most important aspects of the course will be the acquisition of new business and general vocabulary. To help you get started, try the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make a list of new vocabulary from Unit 9.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook - Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition - to do the following:
- Go to page 81, Section 7 How it works: The stock exchange.
- Read the short definition.
- Prepare activities A and B for our next lesson.
Use the Grammar and vocabulary revision quiz activity to help you revise some key areas of English grammar, punctuation and business vocabulary that were covered in the Business Communication Skills course.
Remember to quickly re-do the reading activity just before the lesson.