Language auction instructions
Your group has $1,000 to spend in the class language auction.
Decide which of the 10 sentences for sale you would like to buy.
Note that some of the sentences are incorrect.
The most successful group will be the one that has bought the most correct sentences and has the most money remaining.
Sentences for sale
- The first steps are currently being taken to help us roll out lean production.
- At first, the floor pan is welded together.
- Apple has become a master brand, which everybody knows.
- We’ve gained two hundred new customers since January.
- Group member 241 commented that she is dissatisfied since the company changed the layout of its stores.
- Micromastery Inc. plans to concentrate on the Asian market, where it already sells 55% of its products.
- We need to team up with a Chinese company if we want to enter that market.
- Around 40 per cent of our customers have been placing 5 or more orders so far this year.
- She said that they were expanding rapidly.
- Our main competitor complained that we had eaten their breakfast by unfairly undercutting their prices.