This is the self-study guide for lesson 8.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
Go to page 74 of your coursebook Basis for Business C1 and in Exercise 1 do the following:
- Listen to engineer Malte Loof at a trade fair "talking shop" with Owen Clarke, a sales rep for a small machine tool company. Make a note of the following:
- how the two men connect
- how Owen keeps the conversation going.
- Listen to the rest of the conversation and answer the questions (1 - 4).
To help with your acquisition of new business and general vocabulary and to prepare for the end of course exam, do the following:
- Use the Chronological Wordlist to list new vocabulary in Unit 7 of the coursebook.
- The vocabulary exercises in the Online activities below will also be of help.
Basis for Business C1 Extra Practice Activities
Go to page 80 of your coursebook Basis for Business C1 to do the following:
- Read the explanation of talking about typical behaviours using 'used to' and 'would'
- Exercise 1: 'used to' and 'would'
- Use the Answer key on page 115 to check your answers
Online Basis for Business C1 Activities
Use this link - Online exercises - to do the following Basis for Business C1 online exercises:
- Unit 6: Grammar 1 – 6
- Reported speech
- Unit 6: Vocabulary 1 – 5
- General business English
- Dependent prepositions
- Idiomatic expressions
This icon indicates that an activity is preparation for the next lesson.