To help you acquire new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134). This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook.
- Make a list of new vocabulary from Unit 12.
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to do the following:
- On page 105, look at Section 7: Inter-firm cooperation and do the following:
- Read the definition and the explanation of the different forms inter-firm cooperation can take.
- In Activity A, read the four texts and ecide which tyep of inter-firm coperation each on describes.
- See the Answer key below to check your answers.
- Go to page 108, Case study: Safaricom’s next venture. Read the article and do Activity B. See the Answer key below to check your answers.
Use this link – Online exercises – to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 12: Vocabulary 1 – 5
- Unit 12: Grammar: 1 – 6
- Unit 12: Getting it right: Countries and nationalities: 1 – 3
- Unit 12: How it works 1 – 3
Section 7: Inter-firm cooperation
- Merger = B
- Acquisition = C
- Joint venture = A
- Strategic alliance = D
Section 12: Case study: Safaricom's next venture
- It will enable them to buy and sell goods.
- Amazon.com Inc.’s Marketplace, Facebook and Instagram
- Students’ own answers.