Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is an approach to managing a company’s interactions and relationships and with its customers and potential customers.
There are now many CRM tools and systems for managing customer information. The data these systems make easily available to employees help companies ‘interact with clients, anticipate customer needs, recognize customer updates and track performance goals‘. This streamlines the processes involved in contacting and staying connected with customers and facilitates the process of acquiring and retaining a wider customer base.
This series of 4 quizzes will help you review vocabulary for talking about customer relationship management.
The language in these quizzes may be unfamiliar to you. If so, the quizzes will be quite challenging at first. Don’t be discouraged. Repeating the quizzes once or twice will help you learn the new vocabulary.
Choose the correct word (or phrase) to complete each of the sentences.
Decide which one word completes both sentences.
- Complete the sentences.
- The first letter of each missing word is given.
- Complete the new version of each sentence.
- Use the word(s) given in brackets plus any additional words that may be needed.
- Do NOT change the words given in brackets in any way.
- Make sure that your new version KEEPS the meaning of the original sentence.
- Here’s an example:
We made this product specially for the customer.
The product ……………….. the customer. (TAILORED)
Answer: …was tailored for…