This is the self-study guide for lesson 8.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
The Business English examination is structured as follows:
Note that the use of dictionaries is not permitted during the exam.
- The exam is based on what we have done in our lessons and the homework set during the course. So to prepare for the exam, you need to use:
- your coursebook - Basis for Business B1 (including the Online exercises)
- the lesson material (the Präsenzskript) provided for each lesson in the course LMS, which can be accessed in the FOM Online Campus
- the activities in the Self-study pages (1 - 8)
- the chronological wordlist for the coursebook (See the LMS for the download).
- Don't forget to prepare a final draft of your student consulting text, which you can then reproduce in the exam. Remember that you need
- keep to the word limit: 250 - 300 words
- use a clear simple structure (see lesson summaries)
- use a formal writing style (see lesson summaries)
- use correct paragraphing (see lesson summaries).
For this lesson you should:
- You should complete the list of new vocabulary from Unit 11 and Unit 12.
- Use your coursebook Basis for Business B1 to do the following:
There are more vocbulary exercises in the Online activities below.
Use your coursebook Basis for Business B1 to do the following:
- On page 132, check the overview of tenses, which provides details of the tenses covered in the book.
- Do exercises 4 - 5 on page 134 (The answers are on page 161.)
There are more grammar exercises in the Online activities below.