This is the self-study guide for this lesson.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
The Business English examination is structured as follows:
Note that the use of dictionaries is not permitted during the exam.
- The exam is based on what we have done in our lessons and the homework set during the course. So to prepare for the exam, you need to use:
- your coursebook (including the online exercises)
- the lesson material (Präsenzskript) provided in the course Lernmedien in the FOM Online Campus
- the activities in the Self-study pages (1 - 8)
- the coursebook Word list (See here below).
- Don't forget to prepare a final draft of your student consulting text, which you can then reproduce in the exam. Remember that you need
- keep to the word limit: 275 - 300 words
- use a clear simple structure (see Lesson 4)
- use a formal writing style (see Lesson 4)
- use correct paragraphing (see Lesson 5).
- Use this page to see details of the final exam and to read advice on how to prepare: Exam preparation guide.
To continue your acquisition of new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Look at your notes for Lesson 8 and use your preferred method (e.g. the Quizlet app, the Cornelsen Vokabeltrainer app, or simply a vocabulary notebook or cards) to learn the course vocabulary.
- Use this page to review some common vocabulary problems: False friends
Here are the answers to the Lesson 7 listening activities.
Page 63, Section 7
|Activity A||Activity B|
Here are the answers to the Lesson 7 activity.
Page 69, Section 23
If you have not already done so, download the complete word list for the Simply Business B1+ coursebook here: Word-list.pdf (2699 downloads)