This is the self-study guide for this lesson.
Click (laptop) or tap (mobile) to open each section.
One of the most important aspects of the course will be the acquisition of new business and general vocabulary. To help you do this, do the following:
- You can download a complete word list for the Simply Business B1+ coursebook here below. This will be helpful in our lessons, but can also be used to learn the vocabulary in the coursebook as part of your self-study.
- Go to page 3 of your coursebook Simply Business B1+ and read about the Cornelsen Vokabeltrainer app. If you like the idea of using an app on your smartphone, install the app. The app is free but downloading the Simply Business B1+ vocabulary from inside the app costs €6.99.
- As an alternative, you can install the Quizlet app on your mobile device to create your own vocabulary sets for you to study. You can use the abovementioned word list to help you. Make each set about 10 - 12 words or phrases as this is a manageable number.
- Use this page to read about and practise a key area of vocabulary: Business collocations.
- Use this page to learn about some of the differences between American and British English spelling: American or British English?
Use your coursebook - Simply Business B1+ - to do the following:
- Go to page 3 and read about the PagePlayer app.
- Install the PagePlayer app and set it up for your coursebook Simply Business B1+
- Experiment with scanning pages that have the audio and film icons so that you can play the recordings (e.g page 6 for audio and page 18 for video).
- Now you're ready to do the following listening homework:
- Page 11, Section 18, Activities A & B.
You can check your answers using the transcript on pages 86-87 of the coursebook and with the answer key provided in the next Self-study page.
Download the complete word list for the Simply Business B1+ coursebook here: Word-list.pdf (2762 downloads)
The course coursebook can be purchased directly from Amazon by clicking on this image below.