Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
You will shortly be giving your presentation in class. Use this evaluation form as a checklist for your final preparations.
Presentation-evaluation.pdf (582 downloads)
To continue your acquisition of new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Make a list of new vocabulary from Unit 7. Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134).
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
- Use this page to read about and practice a key area of vocabulary: Business collocations
Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to do the following:
- Go to page 60, Section 7, Global Customer retention and do the following:
- Read the definition of ‘customer retention’.
- Look at activity A and make a note of what you think small businesses can do to retain customers.
- Do activity B, make notes and come prepared to discuss the strategies in class in lesson 6.
Use this link – Online exercises – to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 7: Grammar practice 1 – 5