Some of the activities need a little preparation before the lessons. These are marked with this icon: . Do these activities in the time leading up to the course, and then quickly re-do them just before each lesson. This will help greatly in ensuring that you get the most from the course.
Good presenters modulate their intonation to make an impact and to maintain interest. The two simplest ways to make a presentation sound more interesting and easier to understand are by stressing keywords and by pausing.
Use this activity to learn more about pausing when presenting: The power of pausing.
To continue your acquisition of new business and general vocabulary, do the following:
- Make (or complete if you’ve already started) a list of new vocabulary from Unit 6. Use the word list at the back of your coursebook Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition (page 134).
- Use your preferred method for learning the new vocabulary (e.g. the Quizlet app, a vocabulary notebook or cards).
- Use this page to learn vocabulary for talking about retailing : Online and in-store retailing
- Use this page to revise language used to talk about change : Trend language
Use your coursebook – Career Express (B2) 2nd Edition – to do the following:
- Go to page 59, Communication channels.
- Do activities A and B for lesson 5 so that you can take part in the class discussion for activity C.
- Use the Answer key on page 127 to check your answers.
Use this link – Online exercises – to do the following Career Express online exercises:
- Unit 6: Grammar practice 1 – 3